View Comments We have our first proper look at Tony winners Audra McDonald, Billy Porter and more preparing for Shuffle Along, Or, The Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed. The show, which bills itself as a revival, was recently featured on CBS Sunday Morning. “This is a part of my history and I didn’t know it,” said McDonald about her reasons for joining the production. Porter later added: “I am living my dream…it’s extraordinary, it really is.” Check out the video (and some tricky tapping) below; Shuffle Along is scheduled to begin previews on March 15 at the Music Box Theatre. Show Closed This production ended its run on July 24, 2016 Shuffle Along Related Shows
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York The deputy commissioner of the Nassau County Office of Emergency Management was arrested Thursday for allegedly failing to disclose on his job application that he was convicted of a felony, prosecutors said.Edward Korona, Jr. did not enter a plea when he was arraigned on charges of perjury, four counts of offering a false instrument for filing, four counts of making an apparently false sworn statement—all felonies—and a misdemeanor count of official misconduct.“We vehemently deny the charges and I think as this case proceeds in the courts it will show that these charges have no merit,” his Garden City-based attorney, N. Scott Banks, told reporters outside court after Korona left without commenting.Prosecutors alleged that the 53-year-old Hicksville man, who was previously chief of the Hicksville Fire Department, wrote “No” on four civil service job application forms between 2007 and 2013 next to the question asking if he was ever convicted of a violation, misdemeanor or felony.“A criminal conviction should not be an absolute bar to government employment, but lying about a prior felony four times on sworn job applications is a serious offense—especially for a high-ranking official entrusted with important responsibilities,” acting Nassau County District Attorney Madeline Singas said.Korona was convicted of burglary and attempted burglary in 1982, according to the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision. He served four years in prison before he was released, the agency said.“I waited in the car,” Korona allegedly told investigators with the district attorney’s office who questioned him about the alleged application omissions, according to court documents obtained by the Press. He also allegedly told investigators that he had also been arrested prior to the burglary in both Nassau and Suffolk counties for an “incident related to a vehicle,” but believed that those convictions were given youthful offender status.“He was hired as a civil servant in 1986, has retained his permanent civil service title and accordingly this matter is under review,” Nassau County Attorney Carnell Foskey said in a statement in response to questions posed to Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano’s spokesman regarding Korona’s employment status.Korona, who was appointed to his current position, has donated nearly $1,000 to Mangano’s campaign and the Nassau County Republican Committee, according to the state Department of Elections.Singas said the allegations surfaced amid her office’s continuing investigation into the county’s contracting process, which has been the focus of numerous inquiries this year. Korona is not accused of any crimes related to contracts, prosecutors noted.Nassau County Judge Frank Doddato released Korona without bail. Korona faces up to four years in prison, if convicted. He is due back in court Nov. 10.-With Rashed Mian
Designed with an adjustment system, the Burch Barrel portable suspended barbecue allows you to evenly cook outdoor grub—even if you’re a novice. In fact, it’s also multifunctional, so you can smoke your brisket, flame sear your sides, and heat your drink without requiring different pieces of equipment. Furthermore, it’s equipped with a reliable powder coating for even heat distribution. It also uses high-grade steel throughout its design to make it durable. Designed with three legs, it offers a communal feel. Therefore, you can face others and eat food at the same time, without putting your back to anyone. Finally, its packable design offers a speedy setup and breakdown. This allows you to take this portable suspended barbecue everywhere you go. – Advertisement –
The steep increase in the minimum regional wage remains a major concern for Japanese companies doing business in Indonesia, according to a new survey conducted by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).The survey showed five main problems in investing in Indonesia including a sharp increase in wages (84 percent), difficulty in local procurement of raw materials (54.9 percent), the tax burden (55.4 percent), employee quality (55 percent) and quality control problems (53.6 percent).The polling was part of JETRO’s survey of Japanese companies’ perception of the business climate in 20 countries in Asia and Oceania, including in Indonesia. The survey compiled answers from 13,458 respondents from Aug. 26 to Sept. 24, 2019. In Indonesia, 614 companies took part in the survey.“The human-resource-related issues are the main problems, such as those related to w… Linkedin LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Indonesia Japanese-companies survey JETRO labor-wage taxation ASEAN Vietnam Malaysia China Forgot Password ? Log in with your social account Google Topics : Facebook
Diva Yohana, IKEA Bandung store manager, said the store was eyeing 300 workers from three villages in West Bandung. “We will recruit around 300 employees at IKEA Kota Baru Parahyangan. Basically, [candidates] should have experience in retail and at warehouses,” she said.Read also: Govt. channels Rp 11.84t to MSMEs and cooperatives, admits slow disbursementAa Umbara said he would prioritize residents from three villages in the regency to work at the IKEA store, which will start operating in mid-2021, namely Kertajaya, Cipendeuy and Cimerang villages.In addition to opening the store, the company also donated 500 staple food packages for people in Bandung whose livelihoods had been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.”The social assistance will be distributed to those who need it in West Bandung,” the regent said, noting that there had been no social aid distribution in the regency for almost a month.IKEA Indonesia, which is a subsidiary of publicly-listed retail company Hero Supermarket, currently operates stores in Alam Sutera, Tangerang, Banten and Sentul City, Bogor, West Java. (ggq)Topics : Sweden-based furniture store IKEA is set to operate a new store in West Bandung, West Java, opening more opportunities to support micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), as well as employment in the regency, an official has said.“IKEA will market our MSMEs in the store. They have prepared the space,” West Bandung Regent AA Umbara Sutisna said on Wednesday.”We will follow IKEA’s method [in selling MSME products]; we are gathering MSMEs owners, especially those whose [products] don’t sell so well. They can sell their products there [in IKEA],” he added as quoted by kompas.com.
(flickr.com)CINCINNATI, Oh. – Ownership changes are taking place with the Cincinnati Reds.Louise and Louis Nippert began a 46-year ownership interest in the team when they bought into the Reds in 1966.The Nipperts purchased a majority interest in 1973 and retained that until 1981.Mrs. Nippert held a minority interest in the club until her passing in 2012.On Friday, the Reds approved the sale of the interest to New York City businessman Frank Cohen. He is the fourth generation of the Cohen family to be raised in Cincinnati.Cohen is a Senior Managing Director for The Blackstone Group, a global investment advisory firm, and also serves as director for EOP, CarrAmerica, TRZ Holdings and the Kellog Real Estate Advisory Board at Northwestern University.Bob Castellini remains the current principal owner of the team.
All first division matches in Cyprus this weekend have been cancelled but Irish FA chief executive Patrick Nelson is confident the international in Nicosia on Wednesday will take place. Nelson, in Zurich for the International FA Board meeting, said: “The latest information is that the incident would have nothing to do with international football and wouldn’t put the game in jeopardy. “However, we’re being sensible, we’re monitoring developments, we’re going to be in touch with the Cypriot FA again later today, we’re waiting for the FCO – the Foreign and Commonwealth Office – to comment on it and we’re keeping our eyes on it.” The car of a top Cypriot official – named by the Cyprus Football Association as Leontios Trattos – was damaged by a bomb explosion on Friday morning, but no one was injured. A friendly between Ukraine and the United States is also scheduled for Larnaca on Wednesday due to political unrest in the eastern European country. England’s women are also due to play Italy in the Cyprus Cup in Nicosia on the same day. Northern Ireland manager Michael O’Neill named a 22-man squad for the match, with the likes of Southampton’s Steven Davis and West Brom duo Gareth McAuley and Chris Brunt included. O’Neill will not be able to call on Sammy Clingan for the match though after he was forced to withdraw through injury on Saturday, with Dundee United’s Paul Paton being called up to replace him. Kilmarnock midfielder Clingan was replaced after 26 minutes of Saturday’s Scottish Premiership defeat at St Mirren after suffering what appeared to be a knee injury having come off worse in a strong challenge on Sean Kelly. Northern Ireland’s friendly in Cyprus next week is expected to go ahead despite the bombing of a referee’s car on the island. Press Association
Sydney: While many of the current and former Australian players have themselves said that they dont see the likelihood of the World T20 happening in October-November as per initial schedule due to the restrictions that have come in due to the coronavirus pandemic, former Australia skipper Allan Border has made it clear that the Indian Premier League (IPL) shouldnt be given priority over the showpiece event. “(I’m) not happy with that, the world game should take precedence over a local competition. So, the World T20, if that can’t go ahead, I don’t think the IPL can go ahead,” Border said on ABC’s Grandstand Cafe radio program. “I would question that decision (to replace it) — it’s just a money grab, isn’t it, that one? The World T20 should take precedence, for sure.” Border also warned that if the IPL took precedence over the T20 World Cup, it would set a bad example. He went to the extent of asking full members to bar their players from playing in the IPL. “That would be just shut the gate, you know, India running the game. They’re pretty close to it now, but I suppose if you’re responsible for 80 percent of global (cricket) income, you’re going to have a fair say in what goes on, I get that,” Border said. “But I think the world game can’t allow that to happen. The home boards should stop their players going to the IPL if that’s the case. I don’t think you can have India superseding what the international game has in place. That would be going down the wrong path.” Cricket Australia chief executive Kevin Roberts has revealed there is still no clarity yet on the fate of ICC T20 World Cup. 16 teams from around the globe are currently scheduled to travel Down Under in October and fight it out for the glittering trophy. All cricket around the world has been suspended since March due to coronavirus pandemic and dark clouds are circling over the showpiece event in Australia as well. IANS Also watch: Minister for Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Naba Doley briefing
Chennai: Sale of tickets for the opening match of IPL 12 between defending champion Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore to be played on March 23, will commence on March 16.Online sales of tickets will be start at 11.30 AM on March 16 and would continue till the tickets are sold out, a press release said.Book My Show (in.bookmyshow.com) is handling CSK’s entire ticketing for home matches. Counters for sale of tickets will open at TNCA at 11.30 AM on March 16, the release said, adding details of ticket sales for the remainder of CSK’s home matches would be announced at a later date.Tickets have been priced at Rs 1,300 (C, D and E lower tier), Rs 2,500 (C & E upper tier) and ospitality tickets at Rs 5,000 and Rs 6,500. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
ENGLAND fast bowler Jofra Archer was excluded from the second Test against West Indies after breaching the bio-secure protocols.The 25-year-old went to his Brighton home between the first Test in Southampton and second in Manchester.All of England’s matches this summer are being played behind closed doors and in a bio-secure environment.“I am extremely sorry for what I have done. I feel like I have let both teams down,” said Archer.With Mark Wood and James Anderson rested, Archer was set to be the only member of England’s pace attack from the first Test retained in the side for the second.After he was excluded, England opted to include Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes and Sam Curran in their side at Emirates Old Trafford.England captain Joe Root said Archer’s actions were “disappointing”.He also said any questions over why players made their own way between venues, rather than travelling together, were for those making logistical arrangements, rather than him.‘I have let both teams down’Archer, who made his England debut last summer, said: “I have put not only myself but the whole team and management in danger. I fully accept the consequences of my actions and I want to apologise to everyone in the bio-secure bubble.“It deeply pains me to be missing the Test match, especially with the series poised.”Former England captain Michael Vaughan told BBC Test Match Special: “I would think the management would feel very let down. He’s a young kid who has made a silly mistake, and England will miss him.“I look at the West Indies and what they’ve given up to be here.“They have come to a country that has been hit by COVID more than most. They’ve had to live at Old Trafford for two and a half weeks. For one England player to break that protocol, when he’s only been away from home a couple of weeks…”Former England captain Alastair Cook said: “It does throw it into a little bit of disarray. England wanted to have some pace and bounce in their bowling attack throughout the summer but now they’re going to be robbed of that.”BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew said: “They put the trust in the player and 99.9% of the people involved have done the right thing.”West Indies limited-overs all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite told TMS: “As a personal friend, I’m disappointed, not only in what Jofra’s done, but the scrutiny you get from the media.“That said, it does not excuse what he does. Without me trying to sound disrespectful or accepting of what he did, there’s a lot worse things he could have done, outside of popping home.”How did it happen?Cook said all the England players would have known they were not allowed to return home between Tests.“He knew what he was doing was wrong,” said Cook. “He will have been briefed; he’s been in the bubble for long enough.“Someone will have questioned ‘can we go home?’ and it would have ‘no, this is what we’ve agreed to’.“What we don’t know is did he go home to get something he genuinely needed and it’s just a mistake.”Vaughan said: “I’m led to believe that (team manager) Phil Neale sent a WhatsApp group message to the England players just before 7:50 this morning saying ‘I need to see you all’, before the news about Jofra Archer got out at 8am.“One or two of them didn’t see it because they were fast asleep and woke up about 8:30-8:45 and were like ‘eh what’s going on here?’”Archer must now isolate for five days, during which time he will take two coronavirus tests, both of which must return negative results before he can return to the England squad.West Indies were informed of the sanctions and were satisfied with the restrictions imposed.AnalysisAn extraordinary amount of planning went into creating the bio-secure environment and the punishment for what some might see as a minor indiscretion from Archer shows just how seriously England are taking the safety protocols.The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had previously acknowledged the need for players to leave the bubble from time to time, but on this occasion they were expected to head straight from Southampton to Manchester.The experience in Southampton demonstrated just how strict life in the bubble is – regular coronavirus tests, temperature checkpoints, mandatory face masks and hand sanitiser in every location imaginable. The movement of everyone on site – players, staff, media and hotel workers – is tracked by a fob worn around the neck.Archer will have known what is expected. It is a great shame for him and the England team that he has erred.(BBC Sport).