Andrew Stockdale has sold his Paddington house for $930,000.WOLFMOTHER lead singer Andrew Stockdale has said goodbye to his Paddington home after it sold at auction today.The rock star and Grammy winner bought the house at 71 Prince St in 2007, having already owned the house next door at No. 69. ROCK LEGEND PUTS ‘ZEN-LIKE’ BRISBANE HOME ON THE MARKET The house at 71 Prince St, Paddinton.Four bidders registered for the auction which kicked off at 11am Saturday morning.Ray White Paddington agent Judi O’Dea said two bidders fought it out for the three-bedroom, two-bathroom property, before it sold under the hammer for $930,000.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus13 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market13 hours ago“It went to a lovely young couple who have recently moved to Brisbane and fell in love with it,” Ms O’Dea said.“They were bidding by phone because they were in Melbourne, about to go to a friend’s wedding.” The house has polished timber floorboards and neutral tones.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:44Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:44 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p288p288p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow to bid at auction for your dream home? 01:45 Stockdale renovated the house to be a “Zen” retreat.Ms O’Dea said the couple were aware the house had belonged to Stockdale.“They thought that was extremely cool and they really strongly identified with the house.”Stockdale told The Courier-Mail he was ready for the next chapter in his life and sent his well wishes to the buyers.“I wish the new owners all the best with the house and we are grateful for our time living in the area,” Stockdale said.“Now we are thinking possibly another place in LA or Europe, onwards and upwards.”
Tomorrow afternoon and next Thursday are the final home games for the Batesville Bulldogs. It is hard to believe that another basketball season is coming to an end. All of the area girls teams lost out last week, and the boys’ sectional draw is this Sunday.Whether you root for the Bulldogs or any other team, if you want to see a home game, you need to get out in the next week. After that, it will be the tournament series. Where has the time gone?
Charlotte M. Bolin, age 56 of Batesville, died Saturday, March 24, 2018 at Vitas Hospice in Cincinnati. Born December 19, 1961 in Cincinnati, she is the daughter of Carol (Nee: Black) and Wendell K. Bolin.She is survived by her brother Wendell L. Bolin, step sister Connie Bollin and step brothers John and Mike Bolin. Charlotte was cremated and her ashes will be buried on her parents grave at St. Paul Cemetery in Sunman in a private ceremony. Weigel Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Though still getting used to his new role and eager to make an impact, Wenger hinted he’s not a massive fan of being stuck inside when he previously conducted much of his work out on the pitch. read also:Anelka names Wenger, Allardyce as best managers “I smelled the grass every morning, and today I am more in muffled, administrative environments, and in offices. So obviously, I feel a bit of an intruder in there,” he said. “I want to create the most efficient analysis center in the world at FIFA. I know it is very ambitious, but you will see that at the World Cup in 2022 we will produce match analySes which will be extremely efficient. “I’m in the process of hiring a lot of people at this level right now. And I think there is still a lot of progress to be made in the way we see football.” The 70-year-old recently declared Paris-Saint Germain and Manchester City as his favourites to take out this season’s Champions League when it resumes this week. Both sides must still navigate the second legs of their last-16 ties with PSG trailing Lyon 1-0 and City holding a 2-1 lead over Real Madrid. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Former Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, is dreaming of returning to coaching one day but only under conditions, he deems as “optimal”. Wenger retired as Arsenal manager after 22 years in 2018 and is currently working as FIFA’s new Chief of Global Football Development. While eager to make the most of his new position, the Frenchman admits he’s missing being a manager and concedes he could make a return if the right position presents itself. “Every day, I want to train, I’ve been doing this all my life,” Wenger told Europe 1. “I’m 70 years old, I gave a lot. Should I play Russian roulette a bit, even when it comes to my health? I can’t do things by halves, so I ask myself this question.” Asked what it would take for him to manage again, Wenger replied: “It will be in conditions that I consider optimal. Otherwise, I will not do it.” Wenger officially joined FIFA in November last year with the former Arsenal manager refuting reports at the time that Bayern Munich wanted him to replace Niko Kovac.Advertisement Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Can Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?What Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More
Statesville, N.C. — Camping World officials are seeking public support in a dispute with city leaders about the size of their American Flag.City ordinance states that a flag within 100 feet of the highway cannot be larger than 25 by 40 feet, according to WSOC. The flag in question is 40 by 80 feet.In a Facebook post company officials left the following message:The City of Statesville, North Carolina has filed a lawsuit seeking an injunction to require Gander RV in Statesville, NC to take down their American Flag. They are imposing a $50/day fine retroactive to 10/15/18.Many cities like Statesville have requested that Camping World and Gander Outdoors take down their American Flags. WE WON’T DO IT! Stand with us.This is about more than just the flag. This is about our Veterans, Military, and the men and women that have sacrificed for this great country. They are the reason we fly the flag and they are the reason we will NOT take it down! Sign the petition!
Leinster flanker O’Brien grabbed two tries as Ireland thumped Scotland 40-10 at Murrayfield to claim back-to-back Six Nations titles for the first time since 1949. The 28-year-old backed up scores from captain Paul O’Connell and centre Jared Payne as Ireland denied England the title by virtue of points-difference. Head coach Schmidt’s ultra-tactical approach came under fire after defeat in Wales, with Warren Gatland beating his Kiwi compatriot at his own game. Ireland rediscovered their attacking rhythm in Edinburgh however, their four tries against Scotland matching their previous tally for the entire tournament. O’Brien is adamant Ireland can play whatever brand of rugby required to get the job done under shrewd boss Schmidt. “There has been a lot of talk about the style of play the last few weeks but defences in this competition are very strong,” said O’Brien. “With analysis and what not, they are able to close people down and the quality of player and strength in depth, you have really good players playing against you. “You have to bring them to a place where they are under a lot of pressure and maybe we haven’t done that in the last few weeks. “But we can be very proud of ourselves today of how we approached the game and did our business. “I wouldn’t say it was a different style (against Scotland). “We have been trying to play a bit like that the last few weeks but we haven’t been, and we’ve let ourselves down at times with our own errors as well, letting teams into games. “But we approached it the right way against Scotland, did our jobs, and it paid off.” England saw off France 55-35 in a madcap Twickenham encounter, but fell foul of the triple-bill Super Saturday set-up for the second year running, six points short on the target set by Ireland. Happy to embrace hindsight with the title secure for another year, O’Brien believes defeat to Wales must now act as a harsh World Cup lesson for Joe Schmidt’s men. “Looking back now it might not have been the worst thing in the world,” said O’Brien, of Ireland losing 23-16 in Wales to spoil their Grand Slam chase. “We know we can learn and move forward. “That was the biggest thing to come out of last week: that we didn’t do our jobs correctly and we didn’t do what we did during the week. “If we approach the game like we did today, for instance, make sure everyone is going 100 miles an hour, we know we are never too far away.” Ireland’s third Six Nations triumph in six years tees head coach Schmidt’s men up nicely for the autumn World Cup in England. Schmidt’s impressive transformation of Ireland’s fortunes raises hopes that his side can reach a first World Cup semi-final later this year. Sean O’Brien believes blowing a Grand Slam in Wales “might not have been the worst thing in the world” as Ireland eye the World Cup after retaining their RBS 6 Nations title. Press Association
Ronald Koeman expects Jordy Clasie to demonstrate his ability to replace Morgan Schneiderlin when he returns to Southampton’s first team against Leicester on Saturday. He is also optimistic that the most promising of his summer signings will add qualities to his team that they have otherwise been missing, and at a time when the club’s prospects are again looking strong. “Jordy has some qualities compared to Schneiderlin,” said Koeman, who earlier on Thursday reiterated his desire to remain Southampton’s manager regardless of if he is offered the Holland job. “In our ball possession, and also to know and to do when we need to press, because he’s very fast in short spaces. “His first pass is always forwards, it’s never back; he’s trying to pass forwards and between the lines, (encouraging) good movements of the players. We need that, and can do that better in our football. “(Clasie) knows that he has to bring his level, and that it’s a tough competition – it’s not a Dutch league – and we have to bring more (to support him) because he’s not the most physical player. “That means that other qualities you have to improve, on this level, on this intensity of the game, but he needs time for that after his injury.” Press Association Since a brief Europa League appearance in which he suffered a hamstring injury, the midfielder has remained unavailable for Southampton since arriving for £10.5million from Feyenoord during the summer transfer window, when the £25million Schneiderlin joined Manchester United. After revealing that Shane Long will be unavailable for the next two-to-four weeks having injured his ankle ligaments while on international duty with the Republic of Ireland, Koeman said that he expects Clasie to return in the Premier League on Saturday.
ELLSWORTH — Five Hancock County tennis teams will participate in this week’s regional quarterfinals.The sixth-seeded Ellsworth boys (8-5) advanced to face John Bapst (11-1) with a 3-2 win over Foxcroft in Class B North preliminary action. That game will be played at Hampden Academy.The fifth-seeded Mount Desert Island boys’ team (7-5) received a bye to the second round and played No. 4 Waterville on Wednesday. The No. 6 girls’ team beat Presque Isle 4-1 and will play third-seeded John Bapst (11-1) in the next round.The George Stevens Academy boys’ team (12-0) received the No. 1 seed in Class C North. The Eagles will face No. 8 Orono (9-4), which defeated Deer Isle-Stonington (4-8-1) on Tuesday.The fifth and final Hancock County team to qualify for the the quarterfinals will be the winner of today’s girls’ game between No. 5 GSA (9-3) and No. 12 Deer Isle-Stonington (3-9). That team will play in the quarterfinals against No. 4 Penobscot Valley (10-2) in a match that will be played at Schenck High School in East Millinocket.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textIn addition to the Deer Isle-Stonington boys, the Ellsworth girls (6-7) and Sumner boys (1-11-1) saw their seasons end Tuesday with losses in the preliminary round with losses against Hermon and Lee Academy, respectively.With the exception of the MDI boys’ match, which will be played at 4 p.m. today, all quarterfinal contests will be held tomorrow, June 1. Times for those matches will be announced later.
March 6, 2020 Albany meets Stony Brook in America East quarters Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNo. 7 seed Albany (14-17, 7-9) vs. No. 2 seed Stony Brook (19-12, 10-6)America East Conference Tourney Quarterfinals, Island Federal Credit Union Arena, Stony Brook, New York; Saturday, 7 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: A spot in the America East semifinals is up for grabs as Albany matches up against Stony Brook. Stony Brook swept the two-game regular season series. The teams last met on Feb. 29, when the Seawolves shot 38 percent from the field while limiting Albany to just 35.7 percent en route to the three-point victory. Associated Press SAVVY SENIORS: Albany’s Ahmad Clark, Cameron Healy and Romani Hansen have combined to account for 54 percent of the team’s scoring this season, including 61 percent of all Great Danes points over the last five games.SPARKING THE OFFENSE: Clark has either made or assisted on 59 percent of all Albany field goals over the last three games. The senior guard has accounted for 22 field goals and 19 assists in those games.WINLESS WHEN: Albany is 0-9 when scoring fewer than 60 points and 14-8 when scoring at least 60.ASSIST RATIOS: The Seawolves have recently gotten baskets via assists more often than the Great Danes. Stony Brook has an assist on 35 of 63 field goals (55.6 percent) across its past three outings while Albany has assists on 37 of 70 field goals (52.9 percent) during its past three games.DID YOU KNOW: Stony Brook has made 8.4 3-pointers per game as a team this year, which is second-best among America East teams. ___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Anthony Joshua has confirmed that Dillian Whyte could face him at Wembley Stadium if he beats Dereck Chisora and Deontay Wilder fails to “step up”.Joshua has divided loyalties between his two fellow heavyweights and will be ringside when they meet again at The O2, London, on December 22.‘AJ’ would also like to see north Londoner Chisora win and, while Wilder’s team are willing to resume negotiations after his December fight with Tyson Fury, Whyte is also a serious option for April 13. Anthony Joshua “I am not out again until next year, April 13. You know we’re ready Wilder. Whatever, we are ready,” he exclusively told Sky Sports.“Just be realistic on the negotiations because that’s your issue, not mine.“But this isn’t about me, this is about Chisora-Whyte. I am looking forward to that fight, I will be there.“It’s a blessing to take myself out of training and go and watch these guys go and perform and see it from a different point of view.“If I was a betting man? I want Chisora to win because he’s my guy, north-west London. I respect him. He’s a Finchley ABC ambassador and he was a role model when I was coming through.“And Dillian, I want him to win because I want to box him again. Come April 13, if Wilder doesn’t step up, they’re my two options.“Good luck to Chisora, good luck to Whyte, they’re both relevant wins for me.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram