NewsBreaking newsHospital to review emergency planBy Bernie English – March 26, 2015 681 Advertisement Facebook TAGSemergency planfeaturedLimerick Hospital Group Previous articleIt’s time to talk about bullyingNext articleLimerick Council gets €554,504 from city parking fines Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. by Bernie English [email protected] REVIEW of the major emergency plan for the University Hospital Limerick (UHL) group is to begin next week. The four month review will address how best the group would respond to a major disaster.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The information was given to Limerick Sinn Féin Councillor Malachy McCreesh at last week’s Regional Health Forum meeting when he asked if there had been a recent review of the plan in the event of a potential disaster at Shannon AirportHe posed the question in the context of the on-going problems with overcrowding and long waiting lists at the University Hospital Limerick emergency department.“The proposed review and update of the plan will be an important preparation for an event that hopefully will never occur,” he said. Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL Email No vaccines in Limerick yet First Irish death from Coronavirus Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Print Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended WhatsApp Linkedin
All 13 University of Southern Indiana Women’s Basketball players found the scoring column Sunday as the Screaming Eagles recorded a 106-44 victory over NAIA foe Hannibal-LaGrange University at the Physical Activities Center.USI (3-0) dominated the contest from start to finish as it used runs of 6-0 and 7-0 to build a comfortable 19-6 lead less than five minutes into the contest.The Eagles, who had nine players with at least six points, shot 68.2 percent from the field in the first quarter as they expanded their lead to 35-12 heading into the second period.In addition to the scoring, all 13 Eagles recorded at least one rebound and one assists in a game that saw each player play at least eight minutes. “Everybody got quality minutes from start to finish,” Head Coach Rick Stein said. “Everyone got in the game in the first half and played throughout.“I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that,” Stein said when asked if he was surprised about getting scoring, rebounding, and assist contributions from all 13 players. “Not only getting quality minutes, but contributing, whether it was points, rebounds, assists; to have every player with at least one is impressive.”Senior forward Hannah Wascher (Rantoul, Illinois) led the Eagles with 22 points and seven rebounds, while sophomore center Kacy Eschweiler (St. Charles, Missouri) contributed a career-high 15 points and eight rebounds. Junior guard/forward Kaydie Grooms (Marshall, Illinois) had 11 points in addition to a game-high five assists and four steals for USI, which finished with 28 assists and just seven turnovers.USI, which did not have a player in the game for more than 19 minutes, dominated the paint as it finished with eight blocks and a 59-27 rebounding edge. The Eagles’ bench also outscored the Trojans’ reserves 54-7.Hannibal-LaGrange, which counted Sunday’s contest as an exhibition, got 12 points from junior guard Kenna Greenway and 10 points from senior guard Sarah Cline.The Eagles, which shot 52.4 percent from the field, return to action Tuesday at 6 p.m. when they host the University of Alabama-Huntsville at the PAC.FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail
Green Mountain Power CEO says Utility Building To Power Vermonts future Vermont State Treasurer Jeb Spaulding Announces State Investment in Green Mountain Power StockCOLCHESTER, Vt&. Christopher L. Dutton, President and Chief Executive Officer of Green Mountain Power (NYSE:GMP), Monday told shareholders that the Vermont utility is committed to modernizing its electric infrastructure to assist in the effort to make sure our customers are empowered to compete in the global economy.Speaking at Green Mountain Powers annual meeting, Mr. Dutton said, We are investing in our utility plant so that the communities we serve have the opportunity to take advantage of one of the most important drivers of economic prosperity – safe and very reliable electric service. Mr. Dutton said Green Mountain Power will spend $49 million in the next two years (2005-2006) rebuilding its infrastructure, principally its generation, transmission and distribution systems. In addition, Green Mountain is expanding its investment in the Vermont Electric Power Co. (VELCO) by some $20 million by the end of 2007 to help finance VELCOs $200 million upgrades of the states electric transmission system.At the meeting, Vermont State Treasurer Jeb Spaulding announced that the State, through its Trust Investment Account, has taken a position in Green Mountain Power stock and expects to buy more when market conditions permit.Mr. Spaulding said: Green Mountain Power is a role model for other utilities and businesses. The Company has kept a keen eye on the bottom line while taking significant steps to protect the environment, particularly by reducing emissions. Green Mountain Power understands the business value in taking environmental issues seriously, and will protect the States investment in this company into the future.The State of Vermont has taken a position in Green Mountain Power also because of its outstanding management. &It is a business that takes care of its environmental responsibilities. The Company has excellent leadership in the management area. The reality is those companies that dont take seriously their environmental responsibilities dont compare as well with those that do, and they have greater financial risk as a consequence.Mr. Dutton also spoke of Green Mountain Powers commitment to the environment, demonstrated by its membership in the Chicago Climate Exchange, saying, We committed to reduce voluntarily our greenhouse gases when we joined the Chicago Climate Exchange last October. We were the first utility in the Northeast to join, and in doing so we will help in the effort to develop market-based solutions to environmental concerns. The CEO also announced that Green Mountain Power will complete its first Sustainability Report in October. We have reported on our environmental work through CERES for close to a decade, but now we are expanding our effort to report by following the Global Reporting Initiative guidelines, which will help us tell our customers, shareholders and communities how we are doing in terms of environmental, social and financial responsibility – the three legs of sustainability reporting. We continue to seek ways to make our business totally transparent, said Mr. Dutton.Nordahl L. Brue, Chair of the Green Mountain Power Board of Directors, thanked shareholders for their past support. He observed why the Company completed another successful year: “First and foremost, Green Mountain Power looks after its customers and how to serve them. Then it looks after its employees because without them the Company will not have satisfied customers. When you do a good job for the first two groups of stakeholders, then you produce solid returns for the investors. We did that again in 2004.”At the business meeting held at its company offices, shareholders also re-elected the following members to the Board of Directors: Nordahl L. Brue of Burlington, Vermont; Elizabeth A. Bankowski of Brattleboro, Vermont; William H. Bruett of Weehawken, New Jersey; Merrill O. Burns of Monroe, Michigan; David R. Coates of Colchester, Vermont; Christopher L. Dutton of Shelburne, Vermont; Euclid A. Irving of Lawrenceville, New Jersey; Kathleen C. Hoyt of Norwich, Vermont; and Marc A. vanderHeyden of Colchester, Vermont. All Board members were elected to one-year terms.
A TOTAL of 142 people have applied for the England head coach’s job, with more than half meeting the criteria, says Baroness Campbell, the Football Association’s head of women’s football.Phil Neville will leave the role next summer, so his replacement will be in charge for Euro 2021 and may also lead Team GB at the Tokyo Olympics.After that, England are targeting World Cup success in 2023.“We’ve had an unbelievable response,” said Baroness Campbell.“I’m not judging it against what we’ve had in the past, it’s saying, ‘who has got the ability to take us right to the top of Everest?’“We’re at the final camp – how do we get to the top of that mountain? That’s what my job is. To find that person for the players. They deserve the best and I want to get them the best if I can.”Applications closed at the end of June, with Baroness Campbell saying last month that there had been “very, very good interest from significantly experienced coaches”.World-class appointment expected’- analysisTom Garry, BBC SportThat so many qualified candidates have applied will be a big boost for Baroness Campbell and the FA, whose appointment of Neville received criticism, given he had neither applied nor had any previous managerial experience.There had reportedly been 147 applicants from 30 different countries that time in 2018, but at least four of the FA’s preferred candidates pulled out of the process prior to them approaching Neville.This time, there is an expectation that the role will be filled by one of the sport’s top coaches, with Ellis – born in England – the bookmakers’ favourite after stepping down from her role with the US in 2019.The FA is understood to be confident of a world-class appointment, and England fans will expect nothing less, with their side having reached the semi-finals of the past three major international tournaments.Jill Ellis, who coached the United States to World Cup victories in 2015 and 2019, remains a favourite to succeed Neville, while Chelsea manager Emma Hayes, ex-Manchester City coach Nick Cushing and Manchester United’s Casey Stoney are among those in contention for the role.The FA announced last month it would make 124 positions redundant, as it faces losses of around £300m caused by the coronavirus pandemic.Baroness Campbell says the women’s game “has taken its hit” but insists that their plans will not be adversely affected by a £75m per year budget cut.“I’m afraid the reality is smaller budgets, smaller focus, smaller staffing,” she told Fair Play: The Women in Sport Show.“What we’re talking about now is what do we stop, and how do we find different, creative ways to do some of the things we were going to do through funding.”(BBC Sport)
California Governor Gavin Newsom is requesting federal assistance after Friday’s magnitude 7.1 earthquake.Newsom has placed California’s Office of Emergency Services on its highest alert.OES Director Mark Ghilarducci told reporters they have significant reports of fires, mostly as a result of gas leaks or gas line breaks near the epicenter just outside Ridgecrest in Southern California.No fatalities or serious injuries have been reported.Emergency officials are bracing for strong aftershocks.The White House says President Trump is being kept up-to-date on the latest 7.1quake by several teams as he and the First Lady vacation at Trump’s Bedminister golf course in New Jersey.Related content:New 7.1 magnitude earthquake rocks Southern California