India A won the one day series 4-1 vs South Africa A.Shubman Gill scored 90 in the first innings.The second unofficial Test will be played in Mysore. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights New Delhi: India A continued their domination of South Africa A in the ongoing series with victory in the first unofficial Test by seven wickets at the Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday. Having won the one-dayers 4-1, India A once again put up a magnificent show with both bat and ball as they trounced South Africa in a match that was affected by rain. India A had elected to bowl in overcast conditions and Shardul Thakur was the chief destroyer in the first innings, taking 3/29. Thakur was well assisted by Krishnappa Gowtham who took 3/64 and South Africa A were bowled out for 164 with Marco Jansen top-scoring with 45. In response, India A were boosted by a brilliant knock of 90 from Shubman Gill and a classy 61 from Jalaj Saxena as they managed to take a 139-run lead. In the second innings, Thakur once again provided the early breakthrough but Shahbaz Nadeem and Jalaj Saxena worked in tandem to take three and two wickets respectively. Jalaj’s all-round exploits have once again put him in the radar of the selectors as they look to pick the squad for the series against South Africa. Heinrich Klassen and Wiaan Mulder shared a 74-run stand for the seventh wicket but they did not find any support from the rest of the batsmen as they folded up for 186, giving India A a target of 49. In response, India A stuttered as Lungi Ngidi took the wickets of Shubman and Ankit Bawne while Dane Piedt got the wicket of Srikar Bharat but Ricky Bhui held firm with a solid 20 while Shivam Dube ended the innings in style with two sixes. The next match will take place from September 17 and it will be played in Mysore.
The governor’s plan included convincing lawmakers and voters to approve the sale of $68 billion in bonds to help pay for the projects. The various bond proposals would be spread over elections from 2006 to 2014. The balance of the money comes from existing sources and assumptions the administration made about receiving federal funds. Schwarzenegger amended his plan last week by asking for an additional $3.5 billion in flood control bonds, saying California would likely get little financial help from the federal government. One of his aides, H.D. Palmer, said the change wouldn’t necessarily increase the overall size of the governor’s bond package. That is subject to negotiations with lawmakers, said Palmer, spokesman for the department of finance. The Legislature has held a series of hearings about Schwarzenegger’s proposals, and lawmakers have recommended scores of changes. Those include passing a smaller bond package and adding funding for affordable housing, transit, parks, intercity rail and making hospitals safer during earthquakes. Assembly Speaker Fabian Nuez, D-Los Angeles, said the Republican governor had shown some willingness to add money for housing, transit, parks and other “natural resource” projects and that they were not far apart on a school bond measure. “The main difference we still have is what is the size of the bonds collectively,” he said after a meeting with Schwarzenegger on Thursday. “The governor expressed a willingness to make some movement where that is concerned.” Nuez said he prefers a total bond package of $30 billion to $34 billion, half of Schwarzenegger’s proposal. He also said he wants to reach agreement by Friday so a bond proposal can be placed on the June ballot, even if it’s only for school construction and renovation. “But I am not hanging my hat on it,” he said. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SACRAMENTO – Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has until Friday to get parts of his record public works spending plan on the June ballot, a deadline that doesn’t seem to have him particularly concerned. “If you’re lucky, we can do it for the June ballot. But both … parties agree that we should not really think about that so much, but let’s think about doing it well and doing the right thing,” he said last week before leaving for Ohio for the Arnold Classic, a weekend of fitness and athletic events. “It could be done by June or it could be done by November. One way or the other, we’re going to get it done.” Others, however, warn that the governor’s $222 billion plan – or more likely a heavily amended version of it – might not even make the November ballot if negotiations drag on much longer. That would force Schwarzenegger to run for a second term without a significant re-election-year policy achievement. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECasino Insider: Here’s a look at San Manuel’s new high limit rooms, Asian restaurant “If this goes too long, it’s going to get caught up in the budget (negotiations) and the partisan election,” said Senate President Pro Tem Don Perata, D-Oakland. “All the urgency we need is present right now. We all recognize that.” The California Infrastructure Coalition, a group that includes local governments and construction industry companies, has begun running newspaper advertisements and holding news conferences urging lawmakers and the governor to meet the June ballot deadline. “Our concern is that if it does not happen for June, it will not happen this year,” said Beth Miller Malek, the coalition’s executive director. “The political realities set in despite the best of intentions. … “We have seen infrastructure rise to the top of the public policy agenda, and we don’t want an opportunity like the June ballot affords us to be lost because of politics and other delays.” During his state of the state address in January, the Republican governor proposed spending $222.6 billion over 10 years to ease the state’s congested highways, repair levees and build new schools, university facilities, prisons, jails, dams and courthouses.